Reading Resource: https://www.gov.za/coronavirus
FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
- All international travellers arriving at operating South African airports must provide a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 test, recognised by the World Health Organization, which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.
- All Students, Teacher’s Assistants (TAs) and Faculty from South Africa will be required to provide a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 Test, recognised by the World Health Organization, which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of arrival at the Imbizo.
- All Students, Teacher’s Assistants (TAs) and Faculty will be required to be fully vaccinated; proof of vaccination card is required at the time of accepting your place in the school. If vaccines are not available in your home country please contact us to discuss this further firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Students, TAs and Faculty will be required to have a COVID-19 test on day three (approx) after arrival at the Imbizo (cost covered by the Imbizo).
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate immediately (cost covered by the school).
- All Students, TAs and Faculty will be required to adhere to South African COVID-19 laws and regulations. These include the wearing of a mask over the nose, mouth and chin in public spaces and indoors, social distancing and sanitising of hands regularly.
- All Students, TAs and Faculty will be required to have their own fully comprehensive medical insurance that covers all medical costs including COVID-19-related costs (doctors visits, hospitalisation, ambulance transport, ICU, medicines, etc.). It is the attendees’ responsibility to ensure the policy fully covers them whilst attending a conference in South Africa.
- Anyone who feels unwell, at any time, must notify the organisers immediately so the necessary precautions can be followed and preparations made.
- Please be advised that all lectures and some meals will take place in a shared space and often indoors.
- The Imbizo will cover the cost of one COVID-19 test for any attendee who requires a test prior to flying back to their home country. This test will be conducted on-site at the Imbizo with costs covered by the Imbizo.
STUDENT AND TA POLICY
- Should any Student or TA who has accepted a place at the isiCNI2022 be unable to travel due to revised travel restrictions to South Africa before the summer school starts, their place will be deferred to 2023.
- Students and TAs will be accommodated in shared bedrooms, sometimes with 3–4 other students.
- Students and TAs who are required to quarantine on arrival back in their home country will be responsible for these costs.
FACULTY COVID-19 POLICY
- Faculty will be responsible for their own quarantine and COVID-19 test costs on arrival back in their home country.
- Faculty will be accommodated in private rooms within a shared Airbnb house paid for by the Imbizo. Should you wish to travel with your family or have your own private accommodation we can assist with these arrangements but any additional costs will be for your own account.